- This variety is not available.
Paeonia lactiflora "Festiva Maxima". The name does give it away, this gorgeous heirloom variety is a feast for the eyes and nose. The bright white double flowers are adorned with little splashes of crimson. Flowers, very large are lovely scented. Stems tall and sturdy, may require a support to hold the abundance of blooms. This variety dating back to 1851 is a charming addition for any cottage or cutting garden.
If you remove the secondary buds at the size of a pea, the peony creates an even larger flower, which you might keep in a bowl of simply in a vase.
Cut your peonies with care, to make them last a week or more. For more information, click here.
Dates from 1851.
- Colour Palette
- From white to blush
- Flowering Period
- From Week 3 | Early mid
- Flower form
- Plant size
- d| ↕︎ up to 90 cm | ↔︎ up to 90 cm
- Intensely fragrant
- Flower Bud(s)
- One main flower bud and plenty of sidebuds
- Award of Garden Merit Royal Horticultural Society
- Ideal for
- The cutting garden
- Position & Soil
- Sunny and airy - soil well worked and not soggy
- Fully hardy -20ºC or depending on snow cover
You might also like