A chance to experience the different growing habits, colours, flowers and scents.
All peony and flower lovers are welcome! Feel free to wander through our flower fields and enjoy the beauty that peonies have to offer. We grow up to 300 varieties of herbaceous and Itoh peonies in our fields, which are within walking distance of the main farm buildings and also are accessible by sturdy buggies! Sturdy footwear is recommended in case it rains, as our beautiful loamy soil tends to stick when wet.
The perfect time to shop or make your wish list. In our small nursery we offer a selection of peonies in 7L | 1.8-gallon pots. First come first served!
If your dream peony is still growing in our fields, no worries. The varieties listed in our catalogue are available as bare root plants in the autumn. We can send your order or you can collect on site. Orders can be placed at the farm or via our online shop.
We grow many different varieties of cut flowers peonies. Beautiful, old-fashioned beauties and daring newcomers. They are available to collect from the farm during the opening hours. What could be better in spring than a bouquet of peonies fresh from the fields!
We are NOT an U-pick farm.
Please contact us in advance if you need large quantities.
Hints and Tips
Good soil preparation is half the job. Visit our hints and tips section for more information.
In order to continue our tradition of welcoming you to our flower fields and nursery, we simply ask that you respect the people who work here, the other visitors and the plants.
We ask that you observe the following rules:
1. In the event of a Covid 19 emergency, we insist that you follow the Corona rules when visiting the fields and nursery. A limited number of people are allowed in the farm and fields at any one time. If we feel there are too many visitors, we will temporarily close the entrance.
2. The speed limit is 30km/h or less. Keep to designated track and follow the one-way signs as indicated. Park in the designated area.
3. Follow the signs and instructions given by Graefswinning staff.
4. Do not venture in between the plants.
5. Entering our fields outside the opening hours is considered trespassing. Even during opening hours it is possible that one or more fields or areas are not open to the public, we appreciate your respect as we know how difficult this can be. Trespassers will be composted.
6. Cutting flowers, picking, harvesting seeds or cuttings is forbidden, as is damaging or removing plants, moving or removing labels. Fines will be issued and cashed on the spot. We accept credit cards, debit cards and cash. Fines start at €250 and are calculated at the owner's discretion. To get an idea, take the value of one plant and multiply by ten. You are not only damaging the actual plant, you are damaging our livelihood for the next fifteen years.
7. Always supervise children.
8. Dogs must be kept on a lead from arrival to departure. Poop bags are compulsory. Please do not let your dogs pipi on the plants. Fresh drinking water is provided.
9. Enjoy the birdsong. Do not bring radios, musical instruments, drones or other disturbing devices.
10. We are not a jogging or sports park, we are a working farm. Wearing headphones is discouraged. Please stay away from tractors and other moving equipment or machinery.
11. All your rubbish must be taken home.
12. Smoking is forbidden everywhere; especially in the fields!
13. We give permission to take photo's or small videos in our fields to assist you in your peony selection process. We do NOT allow any photography - video - drone or other recording of any kind in our fields or on the farm. Fines will be issued and cashed on the spot. We accept credit cards, debit cards and cash. Fines start at 1000€ and are calculated at the discretion of the owner. To be clear: You are NOT allowed to walk between the flowers as you will not only damage the actual plants and spread disease, but also our livelihood for the next fifteen years. all fines will go to a good cause, we want to help other farmers and their families in Ukraine. If in doubt please do not come, thank you for your respect and understanding.
14. We are not responsible for any damage to you or your property during your visiting. Please be aware that you are visiting an old farm and fields, the environment requires at least sturdy shoes.
15. Do not take photographs of other people at close quarters without their generous permission. Some like it, many don't.
16. Regulations are subject to change without notice.
For your information, plants in the propagation fields are not labelled except for those which are for sale in the current year.
You agree to abide by these rules when you enter the Graefswinning domain.
In April the peonies are just beginning to emerge. If you would like to see our fields in bloom, you are welcome to join us from mid-May onwards for the early flowering varieties.
Cut flowers are available in season during opening hours. Nature can play tricks on us, so the progress of our peonies will be regularly updated on our Facebook and Instagram pages.
In the spring of 2024 the fields and farm will be open from 1pm to 5pm on the following days.
Friday 17, Saturday 18, Sunday 19 May and Whit Monday 20 May.
Friday 24, Saturday 25 and Sunday 26 May.
Friday 31 May, Saturday 1 and Sunday 2 June.
Other dates might be added earlier or later depending on the season.
How to reach us
Our address is: Graefswinning - Diestersteenweg 222 - 3850 Nieuwerkerken in Belgium.
We are located just off the main road from Sint-Truiden to Herk de Stad. Some GPS devices don't always recognise us. Please check a route planner before you leave.
Parking space is available at the farm.
By public transport
Shop and pick up of orders is in the courtyard, entrance on the left side of the farm.
Contactless payment, payment by card and cash payments are accepted.
There is a restroom in the farm building.
Looking forward to your visit.
Click here to contact us by email or call us on 0032 499 84 79 09.