In order to continue our tradition of welcoming you into our flower fields and nursery, we simply request you respect the people who work here, the other visitors and the plants.
We ask you to comply with the following rules:
1. In case of Covid 19 emergency, we insist you follow the Corona rules while visiting the fields and nursery. A limited number of persons are allowed at one time in the courtyard and fields. In case we deem that there are too many visitors we will close the entrance temporary.
2. The speed limit is 30km or less. Only drive on the designated track and follow the one-way directions as indicated. Park in the designated area.
3. Please follow the signs and instructions given by the staff of Graefswinning.
4. Do not venture in between the plants.
5. Entering our fields outside the opening hours is considered trespassing. Even during opening hours it is possible that one or more fields or areas are not open to the public, we appreciate your respect knowing how difficult this may be. Trespassers will be composted.
6. Cutting flowers, picking, harvesting seeds or cuttings is forbidden, the same goes for damaging or removing plants, moving or removing labels. Fines are issued and cashed on the spot. We accept credit, debit card and cash. Fines start from 250€ onwards and are calculated at the discretion of the owner. To get an idea, take the value of one plant and multiply by ten. You do not only damage the actual plant but also our livelihood for the next fifteen years.
7. Always supervise children.
8. Dogs are allowed on a leash from the moment they arrive until departure. Poop bags are mandatory. Please do not let dogs pipi on the plants. We provide fresh drinking water.
9. Enjoy the birdsong. Do not bring radios, musical instruments, drones or other disturbing devices.
10. We are not a jogging or sporting park, but a working farm. Wearing earphones is discouraged. Please stay clear of tractors and other moving equipment or machinery.
11. All your rubbish must be taken home.
12. Smoking is prohibited everywhere; especially in the fields!
13. We grant permission to make photo's or small videos in our fields to assist you in your peony selection process. We do NOT allow any photo - video - drone or other sessions of any kind in our fields or farm. Fines are issued and cashed on the spot. We accept credit, debit card and cash. Fines start from 1000€ onwards and are calculated at the discretion of the owner. To be clear: You are NOT allowed in between the flowers because you do not only damage the actual plants and spread diseases, but also our livelihood for the next fifteen years. Fines are transferred entirely to a good cause, for 2022 we would like to help other farmers and their families in Ukraine. If in doubt do not come, thank you for your respect and understanding.
14. We are not liable for any damage to yourself or your property whilst visiting. Please be aware that you are visiting an old farm and fields, the setting requires at least solid shoes.
15. Regulations may change without further notice.
For your information, plants in the multiplication fields are not labelled except for those which are for sale in the present year.
You declare to comply with these rules the moment you enter the Domain Graefswinning.
In April the peonies are just starting to emerge. If you wish to see our fields in flower, you are welcome to join us from mid-May onwards for the early flowering varieties.
In function of the flowering season and Covid 19, dates may change, so please check this page before you leave!
Friday 21, Saturday 22 and Sunday 23 October 2022
In 2023 the fields and farm are open on the following days from 1pm till 6pm.
Earlier dates depending on the season.
Thursday 18, Friday 19, Saturday 20 and Sunday 21 May.
Thursday 25, Friday 26, Saturday 27, Sunday 28 and Whit Monday 29 May.
Thursday 1, Friday 2, Saturday 3, Sunday 4 June.
Later dates depending on the season.
Our address is: Graefswinning - Diestersteenweg 222 - 3850 Nieuwerkerken in Belgium.
We are located just off the main road from Sint-Truiden to Herk de Stad. So, some GPS devices don't always recognise us. Please check a route planner before you leave.
Parking space is available at the farm.
By public transport
Shop and pick up of orders is in the courtyard, entrance to the left side of the farm.
Contactless payment, payment by card and cash payments are all possible.
A restroom is located in the farm building.
Please always keep a respectful distance. In case of a Covid 19 emergency: There is a separate entrance and exit to and from the courtyard, please follow the signage. Please note the mask requirement when visiting. A limited number of persons are allowed at one time in the courtyard. In case we deem that there are too many visitors we will close the entrance to the courtyard temporary.
Click here to contact us by email or give us a call on 0032 11 88 36 11.