Paeonia lactiflora "Emma Klehm". A peony named after a grandmother or in this case great great grandmother cannot be but exceptional. So is Emma “Klehm”!
A double late flowering variety with an abundance of flowers. The petals have substance and hold on to their rich tone of pink. Flowers do not falter at the first sight of rain or wind and the dark green foliage is their perfect back drop. Stems are strong and hold up well.
It is a charming landscape peony and very good cut flower. What more can one ask for!
Registered with the American Peony Society in 1951.
- Colour Palette
- From pink to magenta
- Flowering Period
- From Week 6 | Very late
- Flower form
- Plant size
- c| ↕︎ up to 70 cm | ↔︎ up to 70 cm
- Softly scented
- Flower Bud(s)
- One main flower bud and plenty of sidebuds
- Award of Garden Merit Royal Horticultural Society
- Ideal for
- The cutting garden
The landscape garden
- Position & Soil
- Sunny and airy - soil well worked and not soggy
- Fully hardy -20ºC or depending on snow cover
You might also like