- This variety is not available.
Paeonia lactiflora “Myrtle Gentry”. An old fashioned variety from the Roaring Twenties. Blousy large double flowers release a luring scent, which makes you want to go back time and again! Pale pink petals with hints of apricot and cream gradually fade to pure white. The flower shape is refined, displaying large rounded petals.
Myrtle Gentry is often called the most fragrant peony of all. The stems are strong and support the large flowers well above the foliage. Depending on their location in the garden, they may need some support. A very late variety.
Registered with the American Peony Society in 1925.
- Colour palette
White & blush
- Flowering period
- From week 6 | Very late
- Flower form
- Plant size
- d| ↕︎ up to 90 cm | ↔︎ up to 90 cm
- Intensely fragrant
- Flower bud(s)
- One main flower bud and plenty of sidebuds
- Ideal for
- The cutting garden
- Position & soil
- Sunny and airy - soil well worked and not soggy
- Fully hardy -20ºC or depending on snow cover
You might also like