- This variety is not available.
Paeonia lactiflora "Florence Nicholls".
Very large double rose-shaped flower. Petals have a mother of pearl shade at the opening stage and gently change to white. The lovely scent is inherited from P. "Mme. Calot" one of the parent plants. Strong upright stems, with some side buds, which extend the flowering season. Flowers do require some support, however the view of a plant in full bloom is more than worth the effort.
Registered in 1938
- Colour palette
- White & blush
- Flowering period
- From week 4 | Mid
- Plant size
- c| ↕︎ up to 70 cm | ↔︎ up to 70 cm
- Intensely fragrant
- Flower bud(s)
- One main flower bud and some sidebuds
- Ideal for
- The cutting garden
- Position & soil
- Sunny and airy - soil well worked and not soggy
- Fully hardy -20ºC or depending on snow cover
You might also like