- This variety is not available.
Paeonia herbaceous tenuifolia hybrid "Merry Mayshine". Early in the season, sturdy buds burst through the soil to reveal the delicate fernlike foliage. The open buds reveal a cloud of large, crimson-red, single flowers, some flagged. Because of its tenuifolia background, this peony needs a very sunny and dry spot.
American Peony Society Award of Landscape Merit 2009.
Introduced by Hollingsworth and Smetana. Registered in 1994.
- Colour palette
- Flowering period
- From week 2 | Early
- Flower form
- Plant size
- b| ↕︎ up to 50 cm | ↔︎ up to 50 cm
- Softly scented
- Flower bud(s)
- One main flower bud
- Award of Landscape Merit American Peony Society
- Ideal for
- The bee garden
The landscape garden - no support
- Position & soil
- Sunny and airy - soil well prepared and a very well drained position
- Fully hardy -20ºC or depending on snow cover
You might also like