Paeonia lactiflora "Sarah Bernhardt". A profusion of different shades of pink, highlighted with crimson touched petals in the centre of the full double flower.
Three to four flowers per stem extend the flowering period. Slightly fragrant. The large flowers require some support.
It is the most sold cut flower peony, and named after the famous actress Sarah Bernhardt (1844 - 1923). Celebrated on both sides of the Atlantic for her role as Marguerite in La Dame aux Camelias, and as Cordelia in King Lear.
RHS Award of Garden Merit 1993.
Registered in 1906.
- Colour palette
Soft & hot pink
- Flowering period
- From week 5 | Late
- Flower form
- Plant size
- d| ↕︎ up to 90 cm | ↔︎ up to 90 cm
- Softly scented
- Flower bud(s)
- One main flower bud and plenty of sidebuds
- Award of Garden Merit Royal Horticultural Society
- Ideal for
- The cutting garden
- Position & soil
- Sunny and airy - soil well worked and not soggy
- Fully hardy -20ºC or depending on snow cover
You might also like