Paeonia Itoh "Bartzella". A cross between a tree- and herbaceous peony. Plants produce large semi-double to nearly double, fluffy, soft yellow blooms with soft red flares radiating from its centre.
The pleasing scented flowers of this prolific bloomer emerge through the foliage over the entire surface of the bush. It is an excellent landscape plant with finely cut foliage and neat appearance which lasts until the first frost.
APS Gold Medal 2006
APS Award of Landscape Merit 2009
RHS Award of Garden Merit 2012.
Registered in 1986.
- Colour palette
- Yellow & coral
- Flowering period
- From week 5 | Late
- Flower form
- Plant size
- d| ↕︎ up to 90 cm | ↔︎ up to 90 cm
- Softly scented
- Flower bud(s)
- One main flower bud and some sidebuds
- Award of Garden Merit Royal Horticultural Society
Award of Landscape Merit American Peony Society
Gold Medal American Peony Society
- Ideal for
- The landscape garden - no support
- Position & soil
- Sunny and airy - soil well worked and not soggy
- Fully hardy -20ºC or depending on snow cover
You might also like