- On sale!
Paeonia lactiflora Topeka Garnet. Fierce red petals form a cup shaped flower and surround a centre of yellow staminoids. Red tipped carpels act as focus points.
The reddish spring foliage gradually changes into a very dark green. Foliage remains healthy even during hot dry seasons. A worthy landscape peony, which acts like a bright focal point in every spring garden.
APS Gold Medal 2012 and APS Award of Landscape Merit 2009.
Registered in 1975.
- Colour Palette
- From red to purple
- Flowering Period
- From Week 4 | Mid
- Flower form
- Plant size
- c| ↕︎ up to 70 cm | ↔︎ up to 70 cm
- Flower Bud(s)
- One main flower bud and some sidebuds
- Award of Landscape Merit American Peony Society
Gold Medal American Peony Society
- Ideal for
- The landscape garden
- Position & Soil
- Sunny and airy - soil well worked and not soggy
- Fully hardy -20ºC or depending on snow cover
You might also like